Cook time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup(s) of Earth Balance butter
- 3/4 cup(s) of crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
- 3/4 cup(s) of graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
- 1/4 cup(s) of maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 1 cup(s) of grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
- 1/4 cup(s) of soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1/4 cup(s) of chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (If You Care makes unbleached liners made from recycled paper.)
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan.
- Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
- They are great soft, but even better a little firmer!
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 1 16-ounce can of refried beans
- 3 large avocados
- 3 tbsp. of fresh lime juice
- 2 8-ounce containers non-dairy sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I use Bearitos, but if you are avoiding all white sugar, make your own mix with chili powder, ground cumin, onion powder, hot paprika or cayenne, and salt)
- 1/2 cup(s) of diced mild green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) of sliced black olives, or more if you like
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cup(s) of shredded vegan Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a layer of refried beans in the bottom of an 8 inch by 8 inch quart glass baking dish.
- Pit and peel the avocados, and place in a bowl.
- Mash the avocados together with the lime juice, and spread on top of the refried beans.
- Stir together the sour cream and taco seasoning, and spread over the avocado.
- Sprinkle the chiles over the sour cream, and top with a layer of black olives.
- Add the tomatoes, and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Heat the dip for 15-30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is a bit melted.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.