Wednesday 4 May 2011

Vegan Cheese

So last night I made wakame seaweed salad with a simple Asian dressing...it was not bad...I’m still getting used to eating sea vegetables. I know they're really good for you but they taste like, well seaweed lol. I made another recipe from The Kind Diet http://www.thekindlife.com/tlc_units/filter/2/the+kind+diet/1  called Cheesy, Oozy Guacamole Bean Dip, its all vegan. I am a serious nacho lover and I was actually hoping this recipe might convert this cheese lover. I dont think it worked, I still feel there is no substitute for a good plate of greasy nachos! I guess it will just have to be a special occasion treat. That said, this really wasn’t bad if you weren’t expecting it to taste like the 7 layer bean dip you buy form Thrifty’s, it’s the best. I actually liked the vegan sour cream! The cheese I used was Daiya and it was the first non-dairy cheese I have tried...I was told it melts well...I was a bit disappointed as you can see from the photos it didn’t melt that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment