Wednesday, 4 May 2011
Matcha: refers to finely-milled green tea, most popular in Japan
So I love my earl grey tea and have always thought it was better for you to drink tea than coffee....apparently it’s not, but I can’t drink it without milk and sweetener. So I have decided to challenge myself to switch over to green tea, since it has so many great properties (so I am told) and I don’t need any dairy or sugar for it. I have tried a few green teas and unless there in some kind of fruit flavor mixed in.......I think it tastes kind of nasty! (Just my opinion) I have however tried matcha and think it is quite tolerable....maybe it’s like red wine...an acquired taste. So I have ordered a tin of it online....this stuff is not cheap....anyways I hope this will be part of my new health regime! :)
Some interesting factsabout Matcha:
1. Loaded with powerful antioxidants, drinking this tea regularly will help stave off flues, viruses, infections, and the common cold. By containing roughly 10 times the amount of antioxidants of regular green tea, Matcha will help strengthen your immunity – pronto!
2. Its contains no sugar or additives.
3. it’s excellent for weight loss, lowering cholesterol, and cancer prevention.
4. It contains L-theanine will activates the hormone production of dopamine and serotonin in the brain which are our "pleasure" compounds. A reduction in stress is a key factor to eliminating chronic illnesses, cancer, and imbalances in the body.
5. It gives you a boost without the jittery effects or stomach discomfort of too much coffee and caffeinated beverages.
6. it’s full to the brim in nutrients; significantly higher than blueberries.
7. Is alkaline and Ph balancing. A less acidic body will resists disease and illness.
8. It provides mental focus and concentration.
9. It contains lots of chlorophyll for detoxifying and purifying the blood and body.