Monday 25 July 2011

Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta

So on Saterday night I made another one of my familys favorite dinners, baked shrimp with tomatoes and feta cheese. I got the recipe from one of my Martha Stewart magazines....and it is pretty darn ymmy, its super easy to make and is always a hit with dinner guests. I will post the recipe below. I have been making this recipe for a while now and I have tweeked a little to my liking....I dont use the mint, I don't use the peas and I put pesto and parmesean cheese on the orzo. Yummy!
http://www.marthastewart.com/


 

Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 thinly sliced scallions
  • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large frozen shrimp, thawed, tails removed
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh fresh mint, plus more for garnish
  • 4 ounces feta cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees with rack set in upper third. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add scallions, garlic, and oregano; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
  2. Add tomatoes. Cook over medium, stirring occasionally, until no liquid remains in skillet, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Add shrimp and mint to skillet. Stir to combine; transfer to an 8-inch square (or other shallow 2-quart) baking dish. Crumble feta over top.
  4. Bake until liquid is bubbling, cheese is beginning to brown, and shrimp in center of dish are opaque, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with Orzo and Green Beans, sprinkled with additional chopped mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment