Wednesday 24 August 2011

2 Quick and Easy Dinners

Asparagus and Egg Open Faced Sandwich
On Monday night I was basically cooking for one, since my son doest like my food choices yet! I was already making him scrambled eggs and I found this easy dinner idea on another blog so I thought I would give it a whirl. Basically it’s just one piece of bread toasted with cheese melted on it, I used mozzarella, 6 or 7 pieces of asparagus sautéed in a pan with some olive oil and sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic powder and 2 eggs cooked in a pan as runny as you like them. Voila dinner!




Eggplant, Portobello Mushroom and Cheese Sandwich
Last night I also tweaked another bloggers recipe and made this very tasty filling sandwich. I grilled the eggplant and Portobello mushroom on my George Foreman Grill and I toasted both pieces of bread with pesto and mozzarella cheese and then placed the veggies in the middle with a drizzle of balsamic reduction, on the side I had 2 sliced beets! Easy and delicious.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment