Tuesday 16 August 2011

Rice Noodle, Shrimp and Veggie Stirfry

Good Morning,

So I finally bit the bullet last night and concocted a healthy dinner worth a photo! lol :). I made a creamy coconut peanut sauce for the veggies and noodles, it was an adaptation of a recipe I found online but did not have all the ingredients. For the sauce I blended (in my bullet) 1/2 cup of light coconut milk, a couple of table spoons of peanut butter, some garlic, and a few tablespoons of soy sauce. I then sautéed my veggies in coconut oil........mmmmmmmmmm. I used zucchini, red pepper and the rest I have to admit were from a pre-cut bag including: snap peas, carrots and broccoli. After the veggies were mostly cooked I threw in a few shrimp for protein, I went heavy on the veggies and light on the shrimp. I cooked up some brown rice noodles, tossed it all together and sprinkled the dish with crushed peanuts! Yummy.  I have the leftovers for my lunch today.




No comments:

Post a Comment