Thursday 19 May 2011

My first time with Seitan

So last night I decided to make apple cranberry salad with fried seitan and almond dijon dressing from the blog: Vegan Yum Yum. It just looked so good. I decided it was too much work to make my own seitan when you can buy it at the health food store :). I sliced the seitan up and breaded and deep fried it...I know that doesn't sound that healthy but that’s what the recipe said.....! I also switched a few ingredients since I didn’t have any cranberries or slivered almonds. I just used lettuce, pine nuts and apple and instead of making my own dressing I used organicville's tarragon dijon dressing. The salad was quite yummy, seitan is nothing like tofu....I am not sure what I expected but I was pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment