Tuesday 3 May 2011

Monday Night Dinner

So over the weekend I spend some time planning the healthy dinners I would make for this week, I made a grocery list, I marked each recipe, and then I went to 3 different stores to get all of the ingredients. Last night me and my sister (who lives with me by the way, and is also on a quest to change her diet) begin the daunting task of making what seemed like 2 easy recipes. My sister was in charge of making the chocolate peanut butter cups from the cookbook The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone, yummy. I was set to make the New Buddha Bowl from my new cookbook Fresh At Home by Ruth Brown. The only problem is that I hadn’t realized that the Buddha bowl had 3 recipes within the recipe so it took me about an hour to make the whole thing....plus I did not have enough of some of the Buddha sauce ingredients so I had to wing it. Overall it turned out pretty good, and I even had extra sauce to put in the freezer for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment