Monday 30 May 2011

Bulgar and Quinno "Neat Loaf"

Saturday night I just felt like a home cooked meal, so I embarked on the rather large task of making this neat loaf, from the macro chef , it only took 1.5 hours! My mom was visiting so I enlisted her help since there are so many steps to the recipe. There are a lot of ingredients and I ran out of miso paste so I had to wing it a bit. I skipped the side beets and carrots since I did not want to do anymore work that night. My food certainly does not look as pretty as the macro chefs....probably for one I didn't puree the tofu so my mushroom gravy looks kinda gross, but it still tasted good. Once it was plated and I took my first bite I thought that it was ok tasting...I think when you spend a lot of time in the kitchen sometimes you don’t enjoy the food as much. I did have some left over’s yesterday and enjoyed it a lot more, but I can’t help but compare it to my moms nutloaf that I grew up on.........nutloaf takes my first choice for a comfort food like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment